Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tiger's Fall-out

As some of my blog readers know, I have an on-again off-again thing with Danny-boy, who has a sports marketing firm, its specialty? Endorsements for golfers. He's not at the Tiger Woods or top player level by any means, but the fall-out of the Tiger Woods situation is that with potentially less viewers for the televised events if Tiger isn't playing and / or a big drop in interest in the sport if Tiger isn't playing, means that there will be potentially lower revenues, lower purses and lesser endorsements. So he's in panic mode, fearing a huge drop in what he can secure for his clients as far as endorsement deals. I had dinner with him tonite and he was clearly stressed out. When a sport relies so heavily on one superstar, if the shine gets tarnished on that star, the repurcussions are seismic, closest to the epicenter, radiating outward, diminishing in strength, but still palpable.

As I've mentioned before, Danny would be closer to my heart and pussy, if he weren't such a man-whore. But he did give me 4 boxes of golf balls, and some golf towels to give to my Dad for Xmas! Scratch another name off my Xmas list.

P.S. And scratch another name off my list as Danny also hooked me up with some tennis swag for my sister for Xmas!

No comments: