Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patty's Day

Tonite I am supposed to have a dining experience with my girlfriends. It's St. Patty's Day, and since Nicole has to swing around a pole in a green g-string later, dinner was all we could manage to pull together 'ensemble'. I am definitely not going to be eating any Irish cuisine. "The Irish don't have cuisine!" my Mother used to insist, when my Dad would request an Irish meal on St. Patty's. I remember the house used to stink of boiling corned beef and cabbage. My sister and I couldn't even muster the will to eat the dredgings and it was one of the only times my Mother didn't force us to finish what was on our plates. And thankfully, my Mother never saved any of the St. Patty's fare for leftovers either. The only good part of the Green Isle's holiday fare was the dessert, my Mother used to make key lime pie, I know how un-Irish, but she doused it with green food coloring.

Terry from the club begged me to work tonite, but I'm just not in the mood to put up with drunks who don't tip, notorious on nites like Mardi Gras, St. Patty's, Cinco de Mayo, etc.

So I'll eat a salad, 'greens' after all, and maybe do a shot or two or something, Bailey's??? And I have to call my Dad and wish him Happy St. Patty's. He'll be on the green, literally, golfing that is.

As as for Nicole, hopefully, she will have better luck with the drunks and rake in 'the green'!

I couldn't find a pic of me wearing anything green, but I did find a pic of Nicole and Jessica from a St. Patty's Day past. I wonder if Nicole is going to wear those tacky 'cat-toy' earrings again tonite! Sara

No comments: